A piano recital presented by world-renowned pianist Alexandre Tharaud was staged at the Tianjin Grand Theatre on March 10th.
The 44-year-old pianist, who hails from France, graduated from the Conservatoire de Paris at 17 and is one of the most talented pianists of his generation. He has seen his international exposure rise in recent months thanks to “Amour” – the best foreign film at the 2013 Academy Awards.
He opened the Tianjin concert with Robert Schumann’s Kinderscenen Opus 15 (Scenes from Childhood). He then wowed the audience with seven keyboard sonatas from Domenico Scarlatti, followed by the fourth movement of Gustav Mahler’s Fifth Symphony, before ending his show with Beethoven’s sonata Appassionata.
Performances at the Tianjin Grand Theater in March, April
- Tosca opera on March 20th, 22nd
- The China National Orchestra concert on March 22nd
- The Jefferson Dancers on March 24th
- Tianjin Symphony Orchestra’s Beethoven concert directed by Korean mastero Young Chil Lee on April 6th
- Jue Wang piano recital on April 12th
- Jörg Demus piano recital on April 14th
- Piano night with Israeli pianists on April 18th, starring Tomer Lev, Einat Fabrikant, Shai Rosenboim, Berenika Glixman, Daniel Borovitzki and Raviv Leibzirer.
- Ballet Giselle on April 20th.
This site contains materials from other clearly stated media sources for the purpose of discussion stimulation and content enrichment among our members only.
whatsontianjin.com does not necessarily endorse their views or the accuracy of their content.
For copyright infringement issues please contact firstname.lastname@example.org