This Honey Walnut Shrimp is loaded with all the right stuff: crunchy candy-glazed walnuts, big shrimp (which is referred to as “prawn” elsewhere), mayonnaise, condensed milk, and honey. With such mouthwatering ingredient lists, no wonder this is one of the most popular dishes in many Chinese restaurants.
Recipe: Honey Walnut Shrimp/Walnut Prawn (核桃虾)
1 lb. 31/40 count shrimp/prawn
1/2 cup Walnut halves (make sure you get the walnut halves)
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
1/2 tablespoon honey
1/2 tablespoon condensed milk
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 egg white
1/2 cup corn starch (for coating the prawn)
Oil for frying
For the Walnuts:
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1. Peel and deveined the shrimp/prawn. Pat dry with paper towels, add the egg white, mix well with the shrimp and set aside.
2. Rinse the walnut halves with water, drain and set aside.
3. Heat up the water until it boils and add in the sugar.
4. Keep stirring until it turns thick and golden color and then add the walnut.
5. Boil for 2 minutes, then drain and place walnuts on a cookie sheet/parchment paper to dry. (Regular paper will not work as the walnut will stick to it).
6. Heat the oil in a wok over high heat.
7. Coat the shrimp with a thick layer of corn flour and then and then fry in the hot oil until golden brown. Remove the shrimps from the wok and drain on paper towels.
8. In a bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, honey, condensed milk and lemon juice.
9. Add shrimp and toss with the mayonnaise sauce.
10. Transfer to a serving plate and garnish the candied walnuts on top of the shrimp and serve immediately.
To get more bang for your buck, you can buy frozen shrimp in a pre-packed box. The frozen shrimp usually comes in a frozen block. During sales, a box of 31/40 count shrimp can be as low as US$15/box.
This site contains materials from other clearly stated media sources for the purpose of discussion stimulation and content enrichment among our members only.
whatsontianjin.com does not necessarily endorse their views or the accuracy of their content.
For copyright infringement issues please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The recipe Crispy Honey Walnut Shrimp is great. I am myself tried and cooked and I am happy to say the taste is very good. Keep posting the wonderful recipes. And also visit <a href="http://delegate-your-assignment.com/">best assignment writing</a> for further information.